Announcement from Groundswell Center for Food and Farming:
Saturday, December 9th, 2017, 10AM – 3:30PM
Please bring a bag lunch!
Cost: sliding scale $15 – $50, no one turned away for lack of funds
Looking to deepen your understanding of food justice and your own role in creating a just local food system? Attend this one day participatory workshop with Laura Arias from the Youth Farm Project and Kate Cardona from Groundswell Center!
We will explore:
- The meanings of food justice and food sovereignty
- The historical roots of racism and oppression in the U.S. food system
- Food system issues such as land access, workers’ rights, food access and corporate control
- Our own roles in both upholding and undoing oppression in the food system
- Resistance projects nationally and locally that address food injustice and ways to plug in
- Strategies for collective healing and more
During our time together, we will do activities involving movement, theater, art, and small group discussion! We hope that you join us as your effort to understand this challenging topic will allow you to better serve everyone in your community.