Food Pantries, Hot Meals, and other Programs served by Friendship Donations Network in Tompkins and nearby counties.
Friendship Donations Network (FDN) provides produce, breads, desserts, dairy, deli, and groceries (if available) to the programs listed below. For a complete listing of food pantries and community meals in Tompkins County, please
visit: hsctc.org/food. Updated July 29, 2016.
Monday – Friday:
John’s Church, 210 N. Cayuga St., Ithaca; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at
12pm; Tuesday, Thursday at 5:30 pm.
Memorial Program, Tompkins Community Action pantry. Mondays:
▪ Lansing Food Pantry, 4th Mondays only. The Rink 1767 East Shore Drive, Lansing, 1:00 – 3:00pm.
▪ CarolineFoodPantry,1stand3rdMondays.BrooktondaleCommunityCenter, 524 Valley Road, Brooktondale, 5:00-7:00pm.
▪ HealthyTuesdaysatGrotonPublicLibrary,112E.CortlandSt.,Groton,6:00pm. Wednesdays:
2:45 pm. No Halsey Valley Pantry on the 3rd Thursday.
Church, 1859 Danby Rd., Danby, 3:00-6:00pm. Fridays:
Kitchen Cupboard; New Roots Charter School; Rescue Mission; Second Wind
Cottages; outreach to low-wage work sites, senior housing and rural families. Saturdays:
▪ FoodNotBombs,servingfreeveganfoodatShawnGreenwoodPark/DeWittPark, 12:00pm.
▪ FreehotmealservedatSalvationArmy.150N.AlbanySt,Ithaca.Saturday12pm; Sunday 3pm (not an FDN program).
▪ FoodforAll,Lodi’sCommunityPantry,LodiPresbyterianChurchjustsouthofthe village of Lodi on Rte. 414, 3pm-6pm.
▪ 1stSaturday:SouthsideCommunityCenterPantry,305S.PlainSt,Ithaca,12-2pm. ▪ 2ndSaturday:GraceLeeWesleyanChurchPantry.2075ChambersRd.,Beaver
▪ 3rdSaturday:LindermanCreekPantry.201CypressCourt,IthacaCommunity Room, 12pm.
▪ 3rdSaturday:CalvaryBaptistChurchPantry.507N.AlbanySt.,Ithaca,12-3pm ▪ 4thSaturday:McLeanCommunityChurchPantry.50ChurchSt,McLean,1:30-
Sundays (Alternating Weeks):
▪ WestVillageApartmentsDistribution.(8/7,8/21)ChestnutSt.,Ithaca,12:30pm. ▪ Overlook Apartments. (8/7, 8/21) 1263 Trumansburg Rd, Ithaca, Community
Room, 12:00 – 12:30pm.
1:00 – 2:00pm.
For a complete listing of daily pantries, see:
▪ IthacaJournal,”DailyEvents”,page2B ▪ WeeklyAdvantage/Pennysaver
Friendship Donations Network rescues fresh, nutritious food that would otherwise be thrown away from stores and farms and redistributes it to neighbors in need. We provide food donations to hunger relief programs that serve more than 2000 people a week, and divert over 1,000 lbs. of good food from local landfill every day. A model of efficiency, founded in 1988 by Sara Pines, we are almost entirely volunteer-run.
Learn more at: www.friendshipdonations.org; Facebook.com/FriendshipDonations; Twitter @FDNIthaca; Instagram @FriendshipDonations
Photo by Ruth Williams